Friday, December 12, 2008

The Chicago Political Machine

Barry Obama (I refuse to use his full name, now that it's OK to do so) "came up" through the Chicago political world.

Barry, of course, is Shocked and Dismayed that Hizzoner the Gov'nor tried to auction Barry's Senate seat to the highest bidder.

The "Shock" and "Dismay" rings just a little hollow.

It's awfully hard to believe in the "New Politics" when it comes from a guy who "came up" through the Chicago politcal machine. There's no doubt in my mind that Barry knew in his bones about the sorts of shenannigans that Chicago politicos are capable of.

There's no doubt that I will find myself looking somewhat skeptically at the next President of the United States when he speaks of morality and ethics in public service.

Edit: I should note that Blago's predecessor, named Ryan, currently doing time for corruption, is/was a Republican. This is not a Dem/Pub thing, it's a Chicago Politics thing.

No comments: