Wednesday, August 1, 2007

US History and Constitution Questions

OK, I've got a "meme" going here.

I'm not going to pass it on to anyone else - this one's all mine.

A little background: About two months back, at my local Giant Bookstore (name changed to protect the guilty), I picked up a copy of Neal Boortz's "Somebody's Gotta Say It" expecting the usual ranting drivel.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Boortz's rants were and are actually intelligently written, and upon occasion, amusing.

There is one section in there that is deadly serious.

The subjects will be American history, and the Constitution of the United States and the first ten amendments thereto.

So, here's the "meme": At various times, OWW is going to pose questions. You're free to do your own research, then answer the questions in the comments (I'll even include links to assorted pertinent documents). I'm going to crib heavily from Boortz's book (The chapter's entitled "What Kind of Mindless Horsesqueeze Is This?") and cherry-pick the questions.

Here's the first one:

Where in the Constitution of the United States does the word "democracy" appear?

Here's the research link: US CONSTITUTION

No comments: