Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Laptops and Windows Vista, Oh My!

Well, I've been living with Windows Vista Home Premium on the HP/Compaq laptop for about two weeks.

So far, it just works.

Everything looks familiar, although some of the bits and pieces are in different places than they are in XP.

I really Do Not Like Internet Explorer 7 - not because it blows up (it hasn't yet), but because I'm used to Maxthon. Mrs. OWW likes FireFox. As soon as I'm Real Sure that this is a stable system, Maxthon and FireFox are going on, probably next week.

Office 2007 Student 30-day Evaluation edition was pre-loaded. I really dislike it a bunch. Office 2003 is going on, 2007 will be un-installed as soon as I'm sure that won't blow the system to smithereens.

Now, just to annoy you folks in Washington (State or DC), and Minnesota, and Ohio, or even in San Jose, CA, here in SouthEast Jawja, today, December 12th, I was walking around in shorts and a t-shirt and sandals, enjoying 80F weather. As I write this, it's 10:15PM, I'm sitting on my deck sneering at my slightly overgrown back yard, and the temp is 68F under clear skies.

Summertime in Jawja is hot and humid (like 90F, 90% humidity), so when a glorious day like this comes along, I just sit there and smiiiiile......

No comments: