Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here I Stand...

... I can do no other.

A little background first.

I'm what my Southron neighbors would, most politely, call a "DamnYankee". And yes, it's all one word.

Stubborn. Opinionated. Educated through my own research.

My father fought the Nazis through France and into Germany. He saw the camps, and described them to me in most graphic and distressing detail.

I didn't really believe him until I did my own research.

Two of my high school classmates had parents with numbers tatooed on their arms. (To my other classmates - You don't remember? Or you never noticed? Or you ignored? Or you deny? Pick a place, and make your stand.)

So, here it is.

I stand with Israel. I stand against Hamas.

I stand with "Never Again". I stand against "Off the map".

I stand with the only functioning democracy in the Middle East. I stand against the gangbangers of "Palestine".

I say "Israel - From The River To The Sea".

If you don't like how I stand, tough beans.

Here I stand - I can do no other.

No comments: